Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main benefits of Cloud Hosted Sage 50cloud Accounts and Sage50cloud Payroll?
- Cloud 50 is simply Sage but in the cloud so, if you are already using a Sage 50cloud product, there is absolutely no retraining of staff required!
- Our cloud hosted Sage 50cloud Accounts enables you to share data securely with no risk of sync failure.
- All of your data is stored in just one place – a high security, high speed server – so if your hard disk fails, you lose nothing.
- Our simple solution allows you to give access to your live data to anyone who needs it wherever an internet connection is available.
- We can support you in allowing all variety of devices (PCs, Macs, tablets, smartphones) to access your cloud-hosted data.
- We perform daily back-ups to the cloud hosted server as standard, removing that responsibility from you.
- Hosted server access with secure certificate and network level authentication as standard.
Could you tell me a bit more about the installation process?
The main points
- We supply a server specifically for your company.
- We install and activate your Sage 50cloud Accounts and Sage50cloud Payroll program using the license keys from your existing version.
- We configure your new server for the number of users you require, then contact you with clear details of how to access your cloud server.
- There is a slightly different process for installing Cloud 50 on tablet and smartphone devices that we will take you through as required. Any device that can run Microsoft Remote Desktop can access your Cloud 50 server.
- If you have existing Sage data, it is important you have done a local backup of this data before we start the installation process (a full backup if you have modified any reports and/or templates). This backup will be restored to your Sage account (now in the cloud!) in the normal way, by browsing for the latest backup on your local PC or server.
What about security?
As a business owner you are right to be concerned about data security and it is a number one priority both for us and our clients. Here is how we aim to provide you peace of mind:
- Your data is stored securely away from your business premises should disaster occur on-site, meaning that as long as you have access to the internet and a computer, you can have your accounts back up and running in no time.
- If your PC or laptop is stolen, along with your login details, we are able to lock your Cloud 50 account to protect your data.
- Our servers are set to backup regularly and tailored backups are available should you wish to personalise this aspect of your security.
- All of our UK customers benefit from the fact we only use UK data centres and, furthermore, that we are a Tier 1 supplier, which means that, via us, you are just one step away from the solution to any problems that do arise. (We can provision servers in overseas data centres – please call us to discuss this.)
- Communication between each PC and the Cloud 50 hosted applications (e.g. Sage, Excel, Outlook) is secured using an industry standard certificate providing the highest level of encryption. Each of our Cloud 50 customers have their own server too, so no shared services. Each PC will need to be of a suitable specification and able to run the Remote App with NLA (Network Level Authentication) enabled.
- Our servers are monitored 24 hours a day, and are fully managed with all of the latest software and security updates.
- User lock out security/ intrusion protection.
What’s the deal with updates and upgrades to software and the server?
- We do not require you to be on the latest version of Sage. If you do decide to upgrade then we are able to provide competitive discounted prices. We can also provide you with demo data of the new version so that you can try it before you buy it.
- Should you move to Cloud 50, you will be able to install service packs and ‘in version’ updates in the normal way via the in-built update client, directly through Sage (now cloud-hosted…)
- We do not charge for any updates that are required to the server. We charge a small fee of Sage50cloud Accounts and Sage50cloud Payroll version updates, if you are moving from version 27 to version 28 for example.
What is the standard server specification?
- Intel Xeon Quad Core CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 100GB Hard Disk
- Gigabit Ethernet connected to 10Gb/s WAN
- Upgrades are available, each 1GB RAM adds a CPU Core too